Sunday, August 23, 2015

Yarnbombing


I've been knitting since I was eleven years old.  I have always liked creating things with my hands, and my latest passion is yarnbombing.  My local library had a campaign "Get Cozy with Your Library" for the summer reading program.  I first saw yarnbombing on trees while on vacation in San Luis Obispo.  Needless to say, I was thrilled at the concept of participating in a program like this.  That probably explains why I haven't quilled in a while.

Yarnbombing Day at Carmel Mountain library - mine is the middle loop and the pink/red/white loop inspired by Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat.

Our yarnbombing made it to the local newspaper!


2 comments:

  1. I've seen this on lamp posts in Oregon too. Very cool! I love the colors that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. more color, i like it
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QUILLING CRAFTED GIFTS – 2D/3D LASER ENGRAVED – LASER CUTTING OBJECTS
    Products: Quilling wall hangings, Quilling greeting cards ...
    Office & Workshop: 42 Tan Thoi Nhat 21St, Tan Thoi Nhat Ward, Dist 12, HCM City, VietNam.

    ReplyDelete